Re: Popular packages in Ubuntu that is missing in Debian/main

[Dimitri John Ledkov]
> Hello,

Hi. :)

> Looking at the list none of it makes sense in Debian,

Aha.  Thank you for looking into it.  I was not sure about a few of
them, for example the OpenGL toolkit nux-tools/nux, the Gnome screen
resolution applet extention screen-resolution-extra and the readahead
implementation ureadahead, and hoped for more eyes to check if there
were some gems there.

> and the query is inherently biased.

Sure, that was also the point of the list.  It is supposed to check the
most used packages in Ubuntu, which of course will be among the packages
installed by default.

> This is simply the list of packages installed by default on an Ubuntu
> Desktop default installation.

Not quite.  It would be if I used the installation count instead of the
vote.  I used the vote, to get the packages with programs or files being
used the last week in Ubuntu instead of simply looking at the
installation count.

The last time I made such list, there were several packages that should
be brought into Debian (for example dkms, which was the package
triggering my post this time), but it is good to know that none of the
packages in the list make sense to get into Debian this time.

--
Happy hacking,
Petter Reinholdtsen