Re: debhelper compat 10 ready for testing (debhelper/9.20160403)

On Tue, 05 Apr 2016 at 19:43:13 +0000, Niels Thykier wrote:
> I do not mind managing a mass-bug filing for removing manual dbg
> packages without reverse dependencies if that is any help.

Is there a plan/timeline for having -dbgsym packages appear in testing
(and ideally also stable backports), or alternatively, a conscious
decision that debuggability of those suites is not something the project
wants? When stretch gets close to being stable, I imagine we'd probably
want security updates and stable bugfixes to get debug symbols too.

I've been omitting -dbg packages from newly-packaged source, but
the fact that dbgsym packages don't migrate is the reason I haven't been
dropping them from my existing packages as part of routine updates.