Re: metapackages and setting config files in /etc and /home/dir

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 2:01 AM, Alexandre Detiste
<alexandre.detiste@gmail.com> wrote:

> Technicaly, yes you can do it & it will work; but it's agaisnt
> the policy so this package can never enter the archive;
> but it's not the goal anyway, so why not ?

This is ultimately for a Debian Pure Blend, so it will have to abide
with policy, etc. But, first I want to hack it out and get things
working.

> https://wiki.debian.org/ConfigPackages  is a bit hard to follow &
> most tools support drop-in configuration files (/etc/$<package>.d/ )
> nowadays.

Thanks...true, a bit on the technical side :-)

> I don't want to play the "I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours" game;
> but I couldn't find any example online, so here's one:
>
>   https://github.com/a-detiste/detiste/

Great, thank you! I will use as my model.

> Does the name "my_metapackage" comes from there ?
>    http://askubuntu.com/questions/33413/how-to-create-a-meta-package-that-automatically-installs-other-packages

That's it! It's a nice little tutorial and I created a metapackage
that installs well from those instructions.

Thanks for your reply,

Steve