Re: APT 1.2 preview uploaded to experimental -- please test

On Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 10:13:51PM +0100, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> Good moo,
>
> I just uploaded APT 1.2~exp1 to experimental. This release includes
> the following highlights:
>
> * Automatic removal of debs after install for apt(8)
> * LZ4 support
> * Recompression of indices
> * Parallel rred
> * Further 15% performance gain in cache generation
>
> It should hit the archive with the next dinstall run.
>
> It will be uploaded to unstable in the coming days, we only want to
> get some testing and fix some other bugs from unstable first.

There have been no reports of regressions compared to 1.1, so we'll
probably go ahead with an upload to unstable *this week* (Friday
maybe).

This depends on an upload of appstream, which is expected for
around tomorrow. The apt-file breaks has been removed in the
meantime, as apt-file 2 worked perfectly well, and there's no
real point just breaking apt-file (= 3.0~exp).

This release is _not_ as big as 1.1, it probably would have
been better to call 1.1 2.0 and this one 2.1...

--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.

When replying, only quote what is necessary, and write each reply
directly below the part(s) it pertains to (`inline'). Thank you.