Re: APT 1.2 preview uploaded to experimental -- please test

  Hi,

Le 13/01/2016 00:18, Julian Andres Klode a écrit :
> On Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 10:13:51PM +0100, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
>> Good moo,
>>
>> I just uploaded APT 1.2~exp1 to experimental. This release includes
>> the following highlights:
>>
>> * Automatic removal of debs after install for apt(8)
>> * LZ4 support
>> * Recompression of indices
>> * Parallel rred
>> * Further 15% performance gain in cache generation
>>
>> It should hit the archive with the next dinstall run.
>>
>> It will be uploaded to unstable in the coming days, we only want to
>> get some testing and fix some other bugs from unstable first.
>
> There have been no reports of regressions compared to 1.1, so we'll
> probably go ahead with an upload to unstable *this week* (Friday
> maybe).

  Sorry, I found one (regression).
Before "apt-get update" takes about 20s on my system
After "apt-get update" takes more than 5 min on my system...
Details in the bug I just filled (#810898). It is linked to the
use of compressed indices advertized with this release.

  That said, thank you for the big improvments on APT you did.

  Regards,
    Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0xD17897FA         vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: 621E 3509 654D D77C 43F5  CA4A F6AE F2AF D178 97FA