Re: support for merged /usr in Debian

On Fri, 2016-01-08 at 10:11 +0000, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 10:21:00AM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> > The upside of this is that this will free up space in / which will be
> > needed for a dedicated recovery image. Too bad that we don't have such
> > a thing ourselves and have to recommend third-party products like grml
>
> grml is packaged and is an apt-get away. It's third-party in just the
> same way that the linux kernel, or exim are.

What is the package called? By coincidence I was looking for it the other
day and all I found was:

$ apt-cache search grml
grml-debootstrap - wrapper around debootstrap for installing pure Debian
grml-rescueboot - Integrates Grml ISO booting into GRUB
grml2usb - install Grml system / ISO to usb device

The first and last are not relevant and AFAICT the middle one is support
for creating grub entries from files in /boot/grml which appear to get
there by some out of band means (i.e. by hand AFAICT). The
Depends/Recommends/Suggests of that package don't mention any other package
which might provide the actual download.

Ian.