Re: length of a package extended description

> Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> writes:
>
>> It would probably be ideal if there was a better way of indicating which
>> latex modules were in each texlive package than currently, but until a
>> better method is found, this is probably the best of bad options.
>
> +1.  I cannot overstate how useful it is to have this sort of thing appear
> in a field searchable by apt-cache.
>
> We have enough packages with this issue that maybe it would be worth
> designing some other way to allow this, but until then, please keep the
> lists in packages like this or firmware-linux-nonfree so that apt-cache
> search can find the right package.  And having at least *some* description
> for humans to view with a pager and forward search is really nice.

A possible solution designed for this kind of issue could be DEP-11[1].
Unfortunately, not even the AppStream part of this thing is ready yet,
but I am certain that we will have it for Stretch.
(and can then extend it for useful usecases)

[1]: https://wiki.debian.org/DEP-11