Re: length of a package extended description

On Fri, 09 Jan 2015, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> The blank lines are not the only problem. Removing them would be a big
> step forward, but the description would actually still be much too
> long (more than 900 lines).

Lines aren't really the issue here; the primary one is space in the
Packages file[1], and the secondary one is utility for users.

Every extra line is only an extra byte, after all.

It would probably be ideal if there was a better way of indicating which
latex modules were in each texlive package than currently, but until a
better method is found, this is probably the best of bad options.

1: By that I mean if we're going to make an arbitrary line in the sand
in policy, it should be based on bytes, not lines.

Three little words. (In order of importance.)
 █████
 █████  -- hugh macleod "Three Words"