Re: length of a package extended description

Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> writes:

> It would probably be ideal if there was a better way of indicating which
> latex modules were in each texlive package than currently, but until a
> better method is found, this is probably the best of bad options.

+1.  I cannot overstate how useful it is to have this sort of thing appear
in a field searchable by apt-cache.

We have enough packages with this issue that maybe it would be worth
designing some other way to allow this, but until then, please keep the
lists in packages like this or firmware-linux-nonfree so that apt-cache
search can find the right package.  And having at least *some* description
for humans to view with a pager and forward search is really nice.