Re: How shall I report a bug in the .deb packaging itself?

Hi,

Quoting Julian Andres Klode (2015-12-21 13:43:41)
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 01:35:21PM +0100, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
> > Julian Andres Klode:
> > > It just happens that some of the newly installed dependencies are also
> > > Suggested by other installed packages, and thus are not removed,
> > > because you might have installed the package in order to extend the
> > > functionality of another installed package suggesting it.
> >
> > sudo apt-get install cortina -y
> > sudo apt-get purge cortina -y
> > sudo apt-get autoremove -y
> >
> > Result: the recommended dependencies installed only during this operation
> > are not removed. Now we have the GNOME Display Manager, and also plenty of
> > extra wallpapers, among others.
>
> This is intended. Some other packages that were previously installed
> merely suggest gdm, so the end result is that the package will stay
> installed.
>
> If you don't want that, you can set
>   APT::AutoRemove::SuggestsImportant
> to false.

it is maybe also worth mentioning that since apt 1.1.5 and fixing of Debian bug
#807413 this setting (AutoRemove::SuggestsImportant and
AutoRemove::RecommendsImportant) is semi-documented in
/usr/share/doc/apt/examples/configure-index.gz

cheers, josch