Re: Mass bug filing: dpkg-buildpackage -A

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 08:42:14PM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 06:14:43 +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
>
> > If it's a “severe violation of Debian policy”, the bug is at least
> > “serious” severity.
> >
> The release team's RC policy decides which policy violations we consider
> "severe" in the sense of "gets a serious severity bug".

Indeed, this is how I thought the severities were being used. Not in
theory but in practice.

Please don't worry about severities. I will try to be "nice" and will
report them as "important", as there are a lot of affected packages.

But will use some kind of usertags so that release managers are able
to change severities easily. I would love to see this as a release
goal for stretch, but I think it's soon to decide about that.

Thanks.