Re: Mass bug filing: dpkg-buildpackage -A

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 11:29:19AM +0100, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es>, 2015-11-23, 10:52:
> >I've noticed that some packages fail to build from source when built using
> >"dpkg-buildpackage -A".
> [...]
> >I think those are clearly bugs, and they should be reported. The only
> >thing that may be unclear is the severity. I would like this to be RC in
> >some not too distant future (to be on par with ordinary
> >"dpkg-buildpackage"), but for now I think "severity: important" would be
> >appropriate here.
>
> I'd use "severity: serious", just like for a normal FTBFS.

Ok, I was in doubt between "normal" and "important", so your email
tells me that I should probably forget about "normal".

The problem with making them "severity: serious" is that I would be
deciding on my own that those bugs are RC. Normally, the release team
decides about what bugs are RC and which ones are not.

Maybe later (but still during this release cycle) when we can be sure
that the number of packages is low enough, we can consider them to be
"severity: serious". The bugs will be already reported and it would be
just a matter of changing the severity.

Thanks.