Re: Defaulting to i686 for the Debian i386 architecture

Ben Hutchings wrote...

> We propose to drop support for i386 processors older than 686-class in
> the current release cycle.  This would include folding libc6-i686 into
> libc6, changing the default target for gcc, and changing the 586 kernel
> flavour to 686 (non-PAE).

Could please provide information that helps to identify systems
affected by this? Probably that is absence of certain flags in
/proc/cpuinfo. FWIW, I suspect none of my remaining i386 installations
will have issues from that switch but I'd like to know in advance.

    Christoph