Re: system upgrade by systemd

Michael Meskes <meskes@debian.org> wrote:
        > In that case, the WLAN access point ("FooAP" or so) should be tagged as
        > "modem", not sure if n-m can do that.  Am trying to file a wishlist
        > bug for that by BCCing submit@.

        And? How's that supposed to solve the problem?

        I may be just fine using my cell for updates at home, but not while traveling.

An user does probably not need an “automatic updates” feature if she
wants such a level of manual control. In which case she can just disable
the updates and do her thing.

        You're not seriously suggesting we should make the decision for the user
        without even telling him? Doesn't freedom of choice also include the freedom
        to not do updates?

I hope you are not seriously suggesting we should present users with
choices all the time, especially choices with serious security
consequences that most users are unable to appreciate.

--
Joss