Re: system upgrade by systemd

> Having just read this entire thread, and been affected by this once, it
> occurs to me that the likely answer has been offered, but I suspect you
> may have thought Matthias' reference to “GNOME Software” to be a generic
> answer (apologies if I'm wrong). But in fact the name of the relevant

No, you're absolutely right.

:D Sorry, it never occurred to me that this was an ambiguous statement.

Anyway, the issue you encountered was highly likely bug #797138 which is already fixed in case you have PackageKit 1.0.8 installed.
So, this problem is resolved now and was a bug, not intended behavior.
Cheers,
    Matthias