Re: git interface to snapshot.debian.org

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 20.08.2015, 11:03 +0200 schrieb Marco d'Itri:
> I have not thought of recreating the history of the upstream
> > versions
> > correctly. I mostly care about the “what was in Debian” aspect of
> > history, but it should not hurt to have the upstream branches as well.
> I am not sure then that I see how these snapshot would be more useful
> than just downloading the source packages.
> If you are just looking at adding a git interface to snapshot.d.o. then
> maybe git-annex would be more appropriate while using much less
> resources?

you can do things like "git blame", or easily run
"git diff 0.1..21.0.1-1~bpo", or whatever nice things you can do with
your git foo. And the git data store means you can fetch the whole
history more efficiently than running "debsnap" on all versions.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner