Re: git interface to snapshot.debian.org

On Aug 20, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:

> I have not thought of recreating the history of the upstream versions
> correctly. I mostly care about the “what was in Debian” aspect of
> history, but it should not hurt to have the upstream branches as well.
I am not sure then that I see how these snapshot would be more useful
than just downloading the source packages.
If you are just looking at adding a git interface to snapshot.d.o. then
maybe git-annex would be more appropriate while using much less
resources?

--
ciao,
Marco