Re: git interface to snapshot.debian.org

On Aug 18, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:

> this is a follow-up to my question after the dgit talk today: It would
> be great to have a git view of the a package’s history in Debian. There
I have spent quite a lot of time in 2014 to figure out how to
automatically import in git repositories over 15 years of the history of
my packages, with upstream sources and Debian diffs properly merged and
tags for everything. Have a look at:

http://www.linux.it/~md/software/import-inn2.sh
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=users/md/inn2.git

A significant issue, which I decided to not solve, is how to handle the
upstream tree of old packages which use DBS.
(And while I have been able to recover some releases which are not in
snaphost.d.o, sadly some very old ones have been lost forever.)

Also: is there any point in continuing to automatically update these
repositories for the packages which nowadays have useful git
repositories?

--
ciao,
Marco