Re: Mass bug filing about non free lena image.

Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> writes:

>   https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ad/Commodore_Grace_M._Hopper%2C_USN_%28covered%29.jpg
>
> It is Public Domain (having been released by the US Navy).
>
> It is of a person, so can be used for face recognition.

Another advantage: It is richly coloured, which is one practical
justification given for the widespread use of the “Lena” image.

> For those of you that don't know who Grace Hooper was, this photo will
> have the nice feature that the more you look into the background the
> better you will feel about the possibility of overcoming sexism in our
> field, unlike the Lenna photo, which is liable to do the reverse.

+1

--
 \        “I was in Las Vegas, at the roulette table, having a furious |
  `\     argument over what I considered to be an odd number.” —Steven |