Re: Ad-hoc survey of existing Debian git integration tools

Hi Ian,
On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 03:51:59PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
[..snip..]
> I don't think the number of git-based workflows is going to decrease.
> I'm hoping (betting!) that the proportion of packages whose git
> maintainers' git workflows involve strange[1] git trees will go down.
>
> [1] Strange means any tree which you can't work on, immediately, with
> git, without using some special tool on it first.

Having patches applied with 3.0(quilt) calls out for sync problems
between your git tree and debian/patches/. This can be mitigated with
--single-debian-patch --auto-commit but that's not what most people mean
when talking about 3.0(quilt) - and it kind of defeats it's purpose.

It would IMHO be better to have a true git based format then.

Cheers,
 -- Guido