Re: How to deal with fixed but open bugs

On 2015-07-30 14:12, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
The bug was already fixed in jessie at the time it was
reported. So instead of just setting it to fixed in wheezy, I should
have sent an email to NNN-done@bugs.debian.org *and* set it to fixed in
wheezy? Or is there a way to directly close with the right version
number (I assume using the Changelog is one option, but I believe that
doesn't work if the package with the fix is already uploaded).

You want a Version: pseudo-header, as per https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#closing

It's possible I'm in a minority, but this is the sort of thing I'd expect anyone maintaining packages in Debian to be aware of. OMMV, obviously.

Regards,

Adam