Re: How to deal with fixed but open bugs

Hi,

On 30.07.2015 05:12, Nikolaus Rath wrote:

> I'm looking at the bug overview page for src:python3-llfuse
> (https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=python-llfuse). The
> first thing it lists is the apparently nasty grave bug #775056.

> However, this bug only exists in wheezy, it's fixed in both jessie and
> sid. As far as I can tell, the bug is correctly marked with found+fixed.

If the bug exists in wheezy, and wheezy is still a supported release,
then there are users affected by it.

If the bug doesn't exist in wheezy, then it should not have been
reported against a version that ended up in wheezy, so I'd simply
correct that then ("found" with a version after the wheezy release,
"notfound" with the originally reported version).

   Simon