Re: Minified javascripts in packages

> What I have done so far in my package is to include the concatenated
> but unminified js from the upstream (that would be my upstream's
> upstream) source tarball in debian/missing-sources. During package
> build i use uglifyjs (which is already in Debian) to place minified
> copies where the app I'm building expects them to be.
> As mentioned above, what constitutes preferred form of modification
> really is a question of who is doing the modification. Upstream uses
> the un-concatenated files, but personally, I would find it easier to
> modify one big file, at least for something interpreted like
> javascript.

While I still maintain my previous position that concatenated js is
DFSG-free, even if it is not what upstream requires, I'm just wondering
- what is your .orig.tar.gz? You might not need to repack it if you
can concatenate the files with a debhelper override in d/rules. And
you're still distributing source the way upstream wants it, so
everyone's happy.