Re: Please more fish (was: so long and thanks for all the fish)

On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 10:57 PM, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> On Sat, 2014-11-08 at 22:32 -0500, Michael Gilbert wrote:
>> You are one of four
>> complicit in the act that finally pushed Joey over the edge [0].
>
> Don't you think it goes a bit far to personally accusing some people of
> this?

No accusation, just a statement of fact.  Four ctte members were
complicit in the vote [0] that catalyzed Joey's resignation.

>> The fire bell is ringing, and no one is getting out of bed.
>
> Well that's probably a different topic, isn't it? As the recent
> discussions have shown, there are many people who feel Debian goes the
> wrong way in some fields - but I wouldn't make this all up to systemd.

No, the fire is not systemd, it is the politicization of the project
via ctte and GR rather than patient evolution of the best technical
solution.

>> The legitimacy of the technical committee has been entirely destroyed
>> by misguided acts over the last year.
>
> Well others would say that decisions had to be made, and the best that
> was possible might have been done?

Sometimes the best decision is none at all.  It can sometimes take a
lot of time for the right solution to evolve, but that requires
patience, and the project seems to have lost that quality.  That is
why Joey is gone.

Best wishes,
Mike