Please more fish (was: so long and thanks for all the fish)

On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 8:08 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:
> zlatan writes:
>
>> In advance sorry for all spelling mistake that I will write as I am
>> writing from my phone and I am not a native English speaker.
>
> [...]
>
> And yet, I don't see how it could have been said better.  Thank you so
> much for putting this into words.

How can you possibly think no more need said?  You are one of four
complicit in the act that finally pushed Joey over the edge [0].

The fire bell is ringing, and no one is getting out of bed.

The legitimacy of the technical committee has been entirely destroyed
by misguided acts over the last year.

The sad part is that this all would have been avoided if the
composition were more mindfulness of potential consequence to their
actions, especially in the face of some observers stating exactly that
during the process.

For the technical committee to regain any stasis of legitimacy, the
composition must change.  All those involved (both explicitly and
complicity) in the vote that caused Joey's suicide from Debian should
consider resigning in shame.

Even then,we need to reconsider the implicit danger of imbuing power
that can do so much damage to a potentially non-representative subset
of project members.

Best wishes,
Mike

[0] https://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2014/11/msg00045.html