Re: so long and thanks for all the fish

Am Samstag, 8. November 2014, 10:19:02 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> Joey,
>
> Am Freitag, 7. November 2014, 17:04:10 schrieb Joey Hess:
> > It's become abundantly clear that this is no longer the project I
> > originally joined in 1996. We've made some good things, and I wish
> > everyone well, but I'm out.
>
> I am sad from reading this. I do not know you as a person, except from some
> of  your blog entries. But its abundantly clear what contribution you made,
> what amount energy you put into the project. Which makes this even more
> saddening cause I imagine it has been a big reason for you to leave, as I
> bet with that much energy you have put it in, you wouldn´t leave on a minor
> issue.
>
> Its your decision, although I´d really appreciate if you reconsider after a
> while.
>
> Not knowing the context of your words as I just maintain a few packages that
> I  get sponsored into the archive and follow lists on a irregular basis I
> wonder…
>
> what was the reason? What can Debian as a project and as a community learn
> from it?

Okay, I got the context meanwhile from some links to mails from you out of a
Phoronix forum thread the proposal you seconded with the current GR.

I am not sure what I make out of this and how this really became so serious
for you that you leave.

[1] http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?108809-Joey-Hess-Resigns-From-Debian-Unhappy-With-How-It-s-Changed&p=451178#post451178

[2] https://www.debian.org/vote/2014/vote_003

Ciao,