Re: inconsistent versions of M-A: same packages

+++ Ralf Treinen [2014-11-07 17:35 +0100]:
> On Fri, Nov 07, 2014 at 02:46:31PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
>
> For this reason we should probably limit ourselves to all the interesting
> cases of combinations of native and foreign architectures. The only
> reasonable combination that I can currently think of is
>
> native-arch: amd64
> foreign-archs: i386
>
> Are there are any other useful combinations ? Maybe in the arm world?

For cross-building there are lots of useful combinations. Many
combinations are interesting but currently native is usually amd64,
sometimes i386, soon other arches like arm64 and ppc64el might become
more popular as native build host:
native-arch: amd64
foreign-archs: <any arch>, could sometimes be a list like 'armel armhf', 'powerpc ppc64el'

For general runtime multiarch use I've found
native-arch: arm64
foreign-arch: armhf

useful recently (for using armhf packages in bootstrapping when arm64
ones were not yet available/working)

Wookey
http://wookware.org/