Re: inconsistent versions of M-A: same packages

Hi Ralf,

On Mittwoch, 5. November 2014, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> yes, you did miss something :-)
> first link on the page: "Non-installable packages"
> https://qa.debian.org/dose/debcheck/unstable_main/index.html

thanks! (+doh, I guessed I oversaw these links on the debcheck pages and then
didnt find anything for the outdated and file-overwrite checks so I didnt
check again.

The bad weather in https://qa.debian.org/dose/debcheck/testing_main/index.html
is still surprising to see, at this point...

> 2) if you ask about co-installablity of packages with the same name but
> different architectictures (and which are M-A=same) : this is a completely
> different (and much more interesting) question. Since dose is now
> multi-arch aware we can do this, but there are some questions to discuss
> about the precise scenario. Is this what you meant ?

yes, these are the interesting cases to discover (and fix)!

cheers,
	Holger