Re: Debian default desktop environment

brian m. carlson <sandals@crustytoothpaste.net> (2014-04-05):
> I just realized my statement was unclear.  I believe some people had
> stated that GNOME had regressed in accessibility support at the time,
> and XFCE was a better choice in this regard.  I can't say more because I
> don't have enough knowledge on the subject.  Maybe someone else can.

Until a few weeks before the wheezy release, we had troubles with gdm3.
Most of that was fixed by Emilio, mainly in that upload AFAICT from a
(very) quick look:
  http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gdm3/news/20130410T130254Z.html

I don't think Xfce has better a11y support than Gnome. It actually lacks
some integration (see errata for D-I Jessie Alpha 1); I haven't been
able to work on/check approaches suggested on -a11y@ yet.

Mraw,
KiBi.