Re: DE features dependent on Systemd

Am 06.12.2014 um 00:55 schrieb Svante Signell:
> On Fri, 2014-12-05 at 15:22 -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
>> Svante Signell <svante.signell@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Have you ever heard about openafs?
>
>> When NFSv4 development
>> sparked the modern Linux keyring data model, we were delighted to switch
>> (and then got very frustrated by the GPL-only tags on various keyring
>> features, but that's another argument).
>
> So I wish you a happy life with current (Debian chosen) technology, it
> is perfect! No more problems with bugs popping up or people being unable
> to boot their desktop computers/servers. Merry Christmas :)

So in apparently yet another tantrum you threw a buzzword ("OpenAFS") in
the face of the audience, Russ actually managed to (miraculously) make
sense of seeing that single word, answered and explained in detail. And
the reply you produce is yet more polemic and snide and there's not a
single (!) word of appreciation and acknowledgement of the argument of
yours that Russ put in perspective or maybe refuted?

It makes the impression on me that your goal is to prevent systemd by
whatever means available you. It seems to be a holy grail of yours:
total destruction of systemd and all of its misguided "followers".

You very much make the impression of an adrenaline saturated teenager
having realized that everything is the adults' fault. And now the
anti-systemd religion has enlightened you and you are glowing with the
joy of knowing that you are ready to die for THE TRUTH.

Sure it's worth destroying, wearing out, burning out all those idiots
blinded by Satan-d if they are not ready to convert to the one and only
TRUTH, right? You can not get out of this Jihad until the reign of Go-d
is reinstalled on earth, right?

Is my impression correct?

If you are unable to realize the problem with acting like this, then I'd
rather put you in a killfile and wait a few years for the adrenaline to
level down and to allow for balanced thoughts about the Linux landscape
again.

I've ddg'd a bit but was unable to find a killfile for Thunderbird yet.
Does anybody know of such functionality for Thunderbird?

*t

PS: Initially I was happy to see a person (you) contribute to #762194 to
try to move it further, but given your seeming inability to finding
consensus I think the only effect of your contributions there is driving
the participants' adrenaline up and thus clouding their ability to
decide in a calm, thoughtful and differentiated manner.