Re: I am at least pausing my work on fio, fsmark, filebench and atop packaging

+1 Phil.

Norbert's and TG's mail in this year (not all mail but everyone following ML's knows which one) are definition of bad behaviour that at least violates good manners and should be sanctioned so others don't feel they can call out their fellow DD's or even worse behaviour and get away with it. Its not a good picture of community at all and is certainly not welcoming to someone who want to learn about Debian.

Cheers,

zlatan

On 1 December 2014 04:00:04 CET, Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> wrote:
>Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> writes:
>
>> On Sun, 30 Nov 2014, Don Armstrong wrote:
>>> Just for the record, listmaster@ has not moderated Martin. I have
>>> personally warned him in regards to his recent content-less postings
>>> -devel in a private e-mail which was Cc:'ed to listmaster.
>>
>> Which is a listmaster statement ... I told you already several times,
>> that sending emails with warnings, posting as "just another dd", and
>> cc-ing to yourself as listmaster, is bad behaviour. You should send
>> warnings in a form like "I as listmaster warn you to ....".
>> But you don't think so, which ends the discussion. Unfortunately.
>>
>> (and no, this email does not go to a private mail adress, because
>> you are have a repeating pattern in there, and as I see I am not
>> the only one where "big teacher Don" appears in private to educate
>us)
>
>Don stated clearly what he did, and I thank him for it.
>
>Not that it makes any difference, but I was one of the people asking
>him
>to act, but it just so happens that I asked _after_ he had already
>acted,
>so my request was obviously not the first.
>
>I could instead have added to the noise here, but I decided not to,
>because that's just more noise.
>
>This is the second ill-considered email I've seen from you in a very
>short period.  I suggest that you have a bit of a rest before
>embarrassing yourself further.
>
>Cheers, Phil.
>--
>|)|  Philip Hands  [+44 (0)20 8530 9560]  HANDS.COM Ltd.
>|-|  http://www.hands.com/    http://ftp.uk.debian.org/
>|(|  Hugo-Klemm-Strasse 34,   21075 Hamburg,    GERMANY

- --