Re: Technical committee acting in gross violation of the Debian constitution

On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 15:59:06 +0000
Noel Torres <envite@rolamasao.org> wrote:

> On Friday, 28 de November de 2014 07:45:29 Josselin Mouette escribió:
> [...]
> > This is nothing short of bullying. If you want to help our users,
> > you can contribute to debianfork, or you can improve your packages
> > in Debian. But spreading your bitterness on development forums is
> > only about hurting people.
>
> So do you prefer to expel Debian contributors to Devuan if they do
> not agree to systemd rather than adressing their concerns?

No.

This statement by Josselin applies to everyone, no matter what they
personally think of systemd or any other package in Debian or outside
Debian:

> If you want to help our users, you
> can contribute to debianfork, or you can improve your packages in
> Debian. But spreading your bitterness on development forums is only
> about hurting people.

If erstwhile contributors choose to put their efforts elsewhere, that
is their choice - it is not an action by Debian, even if those former
contributors blame a decision by Debian for their choice. Decisions have
been made, votes cast by those entitled to vote. Whatever anyone thinks
of any of those results, it is time to think only of getting Jessie
released. Those who cannot live with that need to now move their
disagreement elsewhere. Everyone has the right to choose where to
contribute. I've made my choice. Make yours and stick to it.

Enough is enough. Move on from where we are or contribute elsewhere.

Contribute code or stop wasting everyone's time on the mailing lists.

Nothing will change without someone doing the work - whatever the issue.
If that isn't you, then do everyone a favour and stop posting to these
endless threads.

Come in boat 7, you're time is up.

--

Neil Williams