Re: Technical committee acting in gross violation of the Debian constitution

Le jeudi 27 novembre 2014 à 21:29 +0100, Marc Haber a écrit :
> On Thu, 27 Nov 2014 01:19:14 +0100, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org>
> wrote:
> >Desktops (not only GNOME) use a very tiny bit of systemd, interfaces
> >that could be provided elsewhere. The real purpose of systemd is to
> >provide a modern init system.
>
> Why does it initialize the network, provide an NTP implementation and
> a radically new logging subsystem then?

There is nothing in the FUD that’s still being spread that hasn’t been
entirely debunked almost a year ago in
https://wiki.debian.org/Debate/initsystem/systemd
I have nothing to add to what we wrote at that time.

And I’m tired of people rehashing the same crap just because they can’t
admit they have been wrong. Systemd is here in jessie, the world didn’t
fall down like you predicted, and those “bitter rearguard battles” Ian
warned us about only achieve a single goal: pissing people off,
including three of those who made this possible by their tireless work.

This is nothing short of bullying. If you want to help our users, you
can contribute to debianfork, or you can improve your packages in
Debian. But spreading your bitterness on development forums is only
about hurting people.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :