Re: Technical committee acting in gross violation of the Debian constitution

On Fri, 28 Nov 2014, Svante Signell wrote:

> > Github? Ugh! http://mako.cc/copyrighteous/free-software-needs-free-tools

> This has just started, give them some time, please.

No. If they even consider things like this, there is something
seriously wrong right in the beginning.

> Maybe it would be a better place for the non-linux debian-ports to be
> hosted by devuan (they are currently not release candidates for Jessie):

No. There’s always debian-ports, which I’m told is moving closer
to Debian itself, but for now, keeping those who already are there
in Debian unstable itself is better.

> If Debian ditch all non-linux ports, that would make life easier for all
> DMs and DDS:
>
> - no non-linux ports needing other any init than systemd, remove
> alternatives
[…]

Uhm… that is not a good idea.

Hey, there are *still* bugs found because of s390 (not s390x).
Portability and variety is g̲o̲o̲d̲!

bye,
//mirabilos
--