Re: Age of built packages to be part of the jessie release?

On Sat, 2014-11-22 at 15:36 +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 16:19:10 +0100
> Svante Signell <svante.signell@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I wonder how old a package build can be to be part of the release.
> > Some packages are built up to a year ago, and rebuilding them now
> > FTBFS. What to do, file a bug or accept status quo?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> In summary: Everything released in Jessie must build on Jessie. That's
> why we have intermittent archive-wide rebuilds (which are typically
> only on amd64). We don't routinely rebuild the entire archive prior to
> the release but we need to be able to do so.
>
> Criteria are:
>
> * A package which FTBFS in a clean Jessie build environment and
> * on a release architecture and
> * where there is no existing bug and
> * the package has previously built on that architecture
>
> -> file a FTBFS RC bug with full build log.

Thanks for all replies not only this one. A question remains (for me):
How to build a package in a clean jessie environment? Seems like the
buildds are using sbuild. Is that the preferred way to try out a single
package, built on most buildds since 240 days. I'm currently running sid
boxes. The package at hand, lam, FTBFS at least on my amd64 box.