Re: Age of built packages to be part of the jessie release?

On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 16:19:10 +0100
Svante Signell <svante.signell@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wonder how old a package build can be to be part of the release.
> Some packages are built up to a year ago, and rebuilding them now
> FTBFS. What to do, file a bug or accept status quo?
>
> Thanks!

In summary: Everything released in Jessie must build on Jessie. That's
why we have intermittent archive-wide rebuilds (which are typically
only on amd64). We don't routinely rebuild the entire archive prior to
the release but we need to be able to do so.

Criteria are:

* A package which FTBFS in a clean Jessie build environment and
* on a release architecture and
* where there is no existing bug and
* the package has previously built on that architecture

-> file a FTBFS RC bug with full build log.

(arm64 & ppc64el are both release arches for Jessie but FTBFS in
packages which have never built on either of those are not RC.)

If it only fails on a non-release architecture, file a normal or
possibly important bug.

None of this is new for the Jessie release.

--

Neil Williams