Re: Age of built packages to be part of the jessie release?

On 24/11/14 11:42, Svante Signell wrote:
> A question remains (for me):
> How to build a package in a clean jessie environment? Seems like the
> buildds are using sbuild.

Have a minimal jessie chroot with build-essential, and a minimum of
supporting tools to help with setup (I use cdebootstrap --flavour=build
and add sudo, vim, fakeroot and eatmydata, the latter because it makes
sbuild a lot faster); set it up in schroot; feed the .dsc to "sbuild -d
jessie". Add "-A" if you want to exercise building the Architecture:all
bits.

Note that Lucas Nussbaum recently built many packages (the entire
archive?) in jessie/amd64/sbuild using Debian's Amazon Web Services
credit, and opened bugs like
<https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=768692>. If you
intend to do mass-bug-filing based on a similar rebuild campaign, your
time might be more effectively used by helping with Lucas'
infrastructure than by making your own mass-rebuild setup. I suspect
Lucas might already have a backlog of failed build logs for analysis and
bug-filing that you could help to process.