Re: systemd, fstab, noauto and nofail

On 22/11/14 19:54, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> (Maybe systemd has smarter methods for that case which I don't know of)

I think RequiresMountsFor is what you're looking for.

ConditionFileExists is not the right thing here: the Condition* family
more or less means "if the condition is absent, behave as if all the
Exec* were /bin/true". It's a way to do things like skipping a one-time
initialization unit if a flag-file exists, or skipping a virtualization
helper unless systemd is running inside the appropriate technology, or
whatever.

RequiresMountsFor means "however desirable it might be, this unit isn't
going to work unless the mountpoint ancestors of all these paths exist".