Re: init system policy

  Hi,

On 18/11/2014 18:36, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> With systemd you can ship a default configuration in
> /lib/systemd/system and administrators can override specific options,
> for example:
>
> +---
> | [Unit]
> | Description=Some Helpful Description
> | Documentation=man:minidlda(1)
> |
> | [Service]
> | User=minidlda
> | ExecStart=/usr/sbin/minidldad -S
> +---[ /lib/systemd/system/minidlda.service ]
>
> Then an admin can override the entire file by writing his own
> /etc/systemd/system/minidlda.service or only override specific settings:
>
> +---
> | [Service]
> | User=some-other-user
> +---[ /etc/systemd/system/miniblda.service.d/user.conf ]

  I did not know that. It is very interesting.

But, is there a way to be notified at upgrade time that the
system service file has been modified when there is local
(partial or full) changes ?
  As a small workaround, I think I will put symlinks such as
/lib/systemd/[perhaps sub-directory, to check] -> /etc/systemd/lib/[...]
  This way, systemd config files and their changes will be, at least,
recorded by etckeeper.

  Regards,
    Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0xD17897FA         vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: 621E 3509 654D D77C 43F5  CA4A F6AE F2AF D178 97FA