Re: RFC: DEP-14: Recommended layout for Git packaging repositories

Scott Kitterman writes ("Re: RFC: DEP-14: Recommended layout for Git packaging repositories"):
> Who's going to do patches to existing tools (e.g. git-dpm is the one
> I use and care about) so they comply with this and similarly scripts
> to convert existing git repos to match this recommendation?

I'm obviously missing something here.  I'm no expert on git-dpm but
what Raphael wrote seems si9milar to whuat I have seen in existing
repos.

If there are differences between Raphael's document and existing
practice, I think they should be 1. documented (in the DEP)
2. justified (here or in the DEP).

> It doesn't make much sense to have an standard unless there's also a plan to
> implement using it.

I thought Raphael was trying to document existing practice.

Ian.