Re: RFC: DEP-14: Recommended layout for Git packaging repositories

On Tuesday, November 11, 2014 22:26:24 Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hello,
>
> following the initial discussion we had in August
> (https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2014/08/thrd2.html#00499), I have
> written a first draft of the Debian Enhancement Proposal that I suggested.
> It's now online at http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep14 and also attached
> below so that you can easily reply and comment.
>
> I have left one question where I have had conflicting feedback
> and I'm not sure what's best. Thus I will welcome a larger set of
> opinions on this specific question (search for "QUESTION" in the
> text).
>
> Are there things that are missing?

Who's going to do patches to existing tools (e.g. git-dpm is the one I use and
care about) so they comply with this and similarly scripts to convert existing
git repos to match this recommendation?

It doesn't make much sense to have an standard unless there's also a plan to
implement using it.

Scott K