Re: RFC: DEP-14: Recommended layout for Git packaging repositories

Hi,

On Wed, 12 Nov 2014, Thibaut Paumard wrote:
> I see nothing about whether the debian branch should contained the
> unpacked or the unpacked *and* patched sources, and whether to ship the
> .pc directory.
>
> I personally ship the unpatched sources and don't ship the .pc directory.

That's a volunteer choice at this stage. We have different workflows
that are worth supporting and they differ at this level of details.

The only thing that the DEP recommends is that the cloned tree be usable
with `dpkg-buildpackage -b -us -uc`. I think it's enough at this point.

But if we can come up with a consensus that we should say something
about this, I'm happy to update the document.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer