Re: dgit and git-dpm

Le Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 04:09:03PM -0500, Jose-Luis Rivas a écrit :
> On 29/10/14, 07:44pm, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> >
> > This is a dangerous habit to get into – I’d prefer users of even
> > dgit, no matter how good it may be, to not rely on that. This is
> > a social issue, not a technical one.
>
> Please explain yourself, is not obvious what social issue you're
> referring to if dgit is replicating debdiff and dpkg-buildpackage
> behavior.

Sorry to be very rude, but the social issue here is people like Thorsten
regulary asking a lot to others, in a way do not match the importance of their
own contributions to Debian.

Can we please us focus this list on what we do together, rather than on what
one does not want others to do ?

To those who want Debian to be different: move the project by contributing to
its core, inspire others to do so, or make your area of contribution one of the
major points for which Debian is recognised in the world.

Our large diversity of non-essential contributions (mine included) is one of
Debian's strength, but please remember that without the hard work of those that
you constantly demotivate on this list, you would have no Debian project to
contribute to.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy