Re: dgit and git-dpm

On Wed, 29 Oct 2014, Ian Jackson wrote:

> maintainers of other tools.  It does seem to me to imply that using
> git-buildpackage to do an NMU is risky, because:

Yes, it is – anything other than the standard Debian tool
(dpkg-buildpackage) is.

> If some user of git-buildpackage (without dgit) tries to do an NMU of
> a package containing .gitignore, it will remove the .gitignore.  If
> the NMUer doesn't notice, then the maintainer certainly will when they

They should read the debdiff anyway… but yeah.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Sometimes they [people] care too much: pretty printers [and syntax highligh-
ting, d.A.] mechanically produce pretty output that accentuates irrelevant