Re: Adding and using repositories during package installation?

On Wed, 22 Oct 2014 17:00:05 +0200
Malte Forkel <malte.forkel@berlin.de> wrote:

> Am 22.10.2014 um 15:38 schrieb Neil Williams:
> > Don't go messing with apt trusted files either, package the key as a
> > keyring package (like emdebian-archive-keyring) and depend on that.
>
> I'm nore sure: Do you think adding files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d
> (and using debconf to ask the user perform the update later) would be
> acceptable or not?
>
> The keys I meant are those of the PPAs that should be added. Rather
> than creating separate keyring packages for them, could I determine
> them for each PPA (how does add-apt-repository do that?) and add them
> (like in a keyring package) on the fly?

python-launchpadlib

You're better off just asking people to add the PPAs and the PPA keys.
You need to be sure about the security of keys added to apt - doing
that behind the user's back is a *bad* idea.

--

Neil Williams