Re: Adding and using repositories during package installation?

+++ Malte Forkel [2014-10-22 14:44 +0200]:
> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking about creating a metapackage to setup a software
> development environment. It would not only have to depend on some
> prerequisite packages, but also add repositories and install a package
> from one of them. Is there an acceptable way to do that?

> I guess I shouldn't use things like 'add-apt-repository' and ''apt-get
> update' in maintainer scripts. I could probably add files to
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d and /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d. But how could I
> perform the update required to install a package from one of the new
> repositories?

I take it that this package needs to be installed on the main system,
not just present for builds?

If you use sbuild for builds, the new (in sbuild 0.65 - targetted for
jessie) --extra-package and --extra-repository options make it very
easy to add a repo and packages to the build environment.

That might help, or not, depending on what your actual requirements are.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/