Re: Licensing issue in images files on several packages

Hi,

On 23/09/2014 16:52, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Montag, 4. August 2014, Clement Hermann wrote:
>
>> I saw that on my Sid system, some packages have the same issue :
>> rgrep -rl 'by-sa/2\.0' /usr/share/icons/*/scalable |xargs dlocate
>> --package-only
>> gitg
>> network-manager-gnome
>> soundconverter
>> thunar-volman
>> xfburn
>> xfce4-battery-plugin
>> xfce4-fsguard-plugin
>> xfce4-power-manager-data
> If there is no reply to this issue yet again (in say two weeks) I'd recommend
> filing bugs about this. RC bugs. This also follows nicely the tradition of
> making the freeze longer by filing bugs late ;-/

I did, only with severity "important" - just as a way to track this.
see #763060 to #763067.

> Or upload OpenPGP Applet and hope that the ftpmasters will let it through,
> based on the above.
>
> Or both ;)

I actually resolved the issue in OpenPGP Applet by making new icons
based on the last version of the Tango Icon Library, which is licensed
under CC0 (Public Domain), and including them upstream.

That said, I think it would benefit others if this can be clarified. I
spent a long time wondering what to do, and even longer trying to find
an upstream that would answer my request...

Cheers,

--
Clément (nodens)