Re: Licensing issue in images files on several packages

On 23/09/2014 16:52, Holger Levsen wrote:
>> They seemed indeed derived from icons using an old tango theme, which
>> were indeed licensed CC-BY-SA 2.0 at the time.
> that was the non upgradable licence, right?

As I understand it, you can license derivative work with any later
version of the license with CC-by-SA 2.0. What's unclear to me is when
it become derivative work.
>> Of course, we (Tails) will try to do so for OpenPGP Applet in Tails, but
>> we could use some help.
> Good luck!
Thanks !

I had little success so far contacting the authors. The authors of the
original images from the tango theme where helpful, but they can't
relicence a derivative work, of course. It seem the authors of the
modified images didn't bother to change the copyright section of the svg
files, which makes them difficult to track down.

Cheers,

--
Clément (nodens)