Re: Seeking help with OpenVPN scripts and systemd

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 12:53:51PM +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:
> My understanding is that they recommend NetworkManager or ConnMan (which
> are competitors, and fill a similar niche) for dynamic / mobile /
> wireless situations; whereas systemd-networkd is intended to be more
> like a competitor for ifupdown or equivalent, in simpler or more static
> situations like "my server has two network cards with static IP
> addresses" or "my NAS has one Ethernet socket which gets its address via
> dhcp".

The overlap between n-m and systemd-networkd saddens me. n-m got
support for team/bond interfaces, VLANs, etc a while ago and now we get
to see yet another tool from systemd-* to redo this. I'm a big fan of
many of systemd's features and interfaces but bundling everything
into one systemd repo/package is going to hit us hard sooner or later
if we can't standarize on a set of (e.g. DBus) interfaces.
Cheers,
 -- Guido