Re: Seeking help with OpenVPN scripts and systemd

On Wednesday, 10 de September de 2014 18:55:06 Adam D. Barratt escribió:
> On Wed, 2014-09-10 at 17:47 +0100, Noel Torres wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 10 de September de 2014 05:25:44 Andrey Rahmatullin
escribió:

> > > ITYM "to avoid openvpn being installed".
> >
> > No, I mean what I wrote: to avoid systemd to be installed on upgrades to
> > machines where OpenVPN is currectly working fine and whose configuration
> > could not work, as explained by the OP
>
> At least on a newly-installed system, however, it would have exactly the
> effect that Andrey described.
>
> Regards,
>
> Adam

Yes. Why to install OpenVPN which might not work? aptitude will tell you that
they are not coinstallable and the sysadmin will then have the option of
switching init system to a non default one, knowing what that means, and
having a working OpenVPN config, instead of (possibly) having a failing config
and no clue about why.

Regards

Noel
er Envite